Does your child have?
- Food refusal or food aversion
- Picky Eating
- Gagging or mouth stuffing
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- Failure-To-Thrive (FTT) and growth issues
- ARFID (Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder)
- Tube Feedings - Nasogastric tube (NG-tube), Gastrostomy tube (G-tube or GJ-tube)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Chewing problems
- Swallowing issues
Feeding Therapy Works!
- Less stress at family mealtimes
- Reduce picky eating
- Improve your child's growth/nutrition
- Help your child with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) and/or Autism (ASD) learn to eat better
- Decrease challenging refusal behaviours at mealtimes
- Reduce tube feeding dependency
- Help your baby coordinate sucking, swallowing, and breathing
- Improve chewing and oral-motor skills
- Reduce gagging and mouth stuffing
- Successfully introduce spoon feedings/solids
Therapy from the comfort and safety of your own home
Feeding therapy is available via FeedingPlus' online telehealth clinic.* I will work with you in the comfort of your own home, in your child’s natural feeding environment. All you need is a smartphone or a laptop and access to the internet. Find an appointment time that suits you using our online booking page.
* Unfortunately, due to current medical licensing restrictions, only Ontario residents can use this service. FeedingPlus is working hard to expand our coverage area.
The FeedingPlus Therapy Approach
Positive and happier mealtimes
- I am passionate about helping children and families enjoy food and family mealtimes
- I will conduct a comprehensive feeding evaluation to understand your child's specific needs and rule-out potential underlying factors
- Picky eating is common in children with Autism (ASD) and Sensory Processing Disorders and feeding therapy helps
- I will provide parent coaching/education and counselling to provide feeding strategies and techniques
- My approach to feeding therapy is positive and responsive
FeedingPlus takes your privacy seriously
Nicola Pratt, SLP operates as 'FeedingPlus' which is as an online/virtual clinic, or telehealth practice. We are responsible for the confidentiality of your personal health information (PHI). FeedingPlus provides a secure PHIPA (Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act) compliant infrastructure for video calls, messaging, and record-keeping.
Keep In Touch
I welcome you to sign-up for my feeding blog where you will learn feeding tips and tricks of the trade! I will share tried and tested strategies to help with your child’s feeding issues. Topics will include favourite equipment/products, chewing tips, how to reduce gagging, toothbrushing, family meals, feeding your preemie, cup drinking, picky eating, and much more.
Sharing tips, research, and advice on feeding.
No more time off work
As a mother of a child with medical issues, I know firsthand that getting your child to numerous appointments outside of the home, can be very challenging, stressful, and time consuming. Scheduling therapy sessions around work and daily life can be difficult. FeedingPlus' online clinic gives you access and convenience that is just a smartphone or laptop away.