Nicola Pratt, M.Sc., S-LP(C), C.A.S.L.P.O.
Speech-Language Pathologist & Feeding Therapist
- I am a Certified Speech-Language Pathologist (S-LP) with over 20-years of specific focus in Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing disorders.
- I achieved my Master of Science Degree from Nova Southeastern University in Florida in 1999, where I graduated with honours. I was awarded two scholarships and the “Outstanding Clinician of the Year Award”.
- I have provided pediatric (ranging from 0-18 years) feeding and swallowing assessment and treatment in acute hospital settings, schools, daycares, and feeding clinics; however, my primary area of practice is home-based care.
- Working in close collaboration with families, Physicians, Registered Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, and Behaviour Therapists, I provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary assessment and treatment.
- I also act as a mentor and clinical educator in the area of Feeding and Swallowing disorders. I regularly attend conferences and workshops to stay current in evidence based practices in Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing Disorders.
Welcome to FeedingPlus, my online telehealth practice. I look forward to working with you to guide your child on the path toward improved feeding from the comfort and safety of your home.
Keep In Touch
We welcome you to sign-up for our weekly blog where you will learn feeding tips and tricks of the trade! Nicola will share tried and tested strategies to help with your child’s feeding issues. Topics will include favourite equipment/products, chewing tips, how to reduce gagging, toothbrushing, family meals, feeding your preemie, cup drinking, picky eating, and much more.
FeedingPlus Weekly Blog
Sharing tips, research, and advice on feeding.