Nicola Pratt, M.Sc., SLP(C), Reg. CASLPO, Professional Interest Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing
Speech-Language Pathologist & Feeding Therapist
- I am a Certified Speech-Language Pathologist (S-LP) practicing across Ontario, Canada with 25-years of specific focus in Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing disorders.
- I achieved my Master of Science Degree from Nova Southeastern University in Florida in 1999, where I graduated with honours. I was awarded two scholarships and the “Outstanding Clinician of the Year Award”.
- I have provided pediatric (ranging from 0-18 years) feeding and swallowing assessment and treatment in acute hospital settings, schools, daycares, and feeding clinics; however, my primary area of practice is home-based care.
- I am a member of the Pediatric Feeding Disorder Alliance and I participate in Pediatric Feeding and Nutrition Rounds at SickKids Hospital.
- I am an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Toronto in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology (Faculty of Medicine).
- Working in close collaboration with families, Physicians, Registered Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, and Behaviour Therapists, I provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary assessment and treatment.
- I also act as a mentor and clinical educator in the area of Feeding and Swallowing disorders. I regularly attend conferences and workshops to stay current in evidence based practices in Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing Disorders.
- Fun Fact! In 2012, I travelled with a team from SickKids Hospital to Nunavut to train therapists working with kids with feeding issues in remote Inuit communities.
Welcome to FeedingPlus, my online telehealth practice. I look forward to working with you to guide your child on the path toward improved feeding from the comfort and safety of your home.
SLP Expertise / Feeding Therapy Training
- SOS Approach to Feeding - Dr. Kay Toomey and Erin Ross
- Tube Feeding With Love - Marsha Dunn Klein, OT
- Get Permission Approach to Feeding - Marsha Dunn Klein, OT
- Pediatric Feeding from NICU to Childhood - Fraker, SLP and Walbert, SLP
- Gastrointestinal Discomfort to Inner Directed Eating - Suzanne Evans Morris, SLP
- Food Chaining - Fraker, SLP and Walbert, SLP
- Current Trends in Pediatric Dysphagia - Catherine Shaker, SLP
- Sensory Processing Dysfunction - Stock Kranowitz
- Feeding/Swallowing and Respiratory Function - Rona Alexander, SLP
- ARFID, Feeding Disorders - Potock, SLP
- Advanced Use of Pediatric Videofluroscopic Swallow Studies - Robert Beecher, SLP
- Accredited Paediatric Feeding and Nutrition Rounds - SickKids Hospital
Meet Nicola! Get Your Free Video Lesson
How to transform mealtimes and help your child to eat new foods
Jordana Schonberger, B.A.Sc., R.D.
Pediatric Registered Dietitian / Nutrition Counselor
- Jordana has been a Registered Dietitian in Ontario since 2005 and is a member of The College of Dietitians of Ontario. She completed her Food and Nutrition degree at Ryerson University and clinical internship at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Throughout her career, she has worked in multiple healthcare settings including hospitals, primary care, and homecare.
- Jordana has been working as a pediatric dietitian for several years in homecare, private practice, and a hospital-based pediatric Complex Care Clinic.
- She collaborates closely with the child’s healthcare team including the physician, hospital dietitian, speech-language pathologist and occupational therapist.
- Jordana is passionate about dietetics and helping children and their families develop a positive relationship with food.
- She provides pediatric nutrition counselling in the following areas: meal planning/meal balance, general healthy eating, assessing the diet for nutritional adequacy, introducing solid food, weight and growth concerns and has experience working with children with medical complexities.
- Jordana has completed The Get Permission Approach to Sensory Mealtime Challenges (Marsha Dunn Klein).
- She has completed multiple courses/workshops related to homemade blended tube feeds.
- Jordana attends ongoing nutritional education courses presented by the team of Registered Dieticians at SickKids.
- Jordana presented at the 2016 Dietitians of Canada annual conference on Nutrition in Home Care in Ontario.
Proud to be associated with these great organizations
Keep In Touch
I welcome you to sign-up for my feeding newsletter where you will learn feeding tips and tricks of the trade! I will share tried and tested strategies to help with your child’s feeding issues. Topics will include favourite equipment/products, chewing tips, how to reduce gagging, toothbrushing, family meals, feeding your preemie, cup drinking, picky eating, and much more.
Sharing tips, research, and advice on feeding.