Nicola Pratt, M.Sc., S-LP(C), C.A.S.L.P.O.
Speech-Language Pathologist & Feeding Therapist
- I am a Certified Speech-Language Pathologist (S-LP) practicing across Ontario, Canada with over 20-years of specific focus in Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing disorders.
- I achieved my Master of Science Degree from Nova Southeastern University in Florida in 1999, where I graduated with honours. I was awarded two scholarships and the “Outstanding Clinician of the Year Award”.
- I have provided pediatric (ranging from 0-18 years) feeding and swallowing assessment and treatment in acute hospital settings, schools, daycares, and feeding clinics; however, my primary area of practice is home-based care.
- Working in close collaboration with families, Physicians, Registered Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, and Behaviour Therapists, I provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary assessment and treatment.
- I also act as a mentor and clinical educator in the area of Feeding and Swallowing disorders. I regularly attend conferences and workshops to stay current in evidence based practices in Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing Disorders.
Welcome to FeedingPlus, my online telehealth practice. I look forward to working with you to guide your child on the path toward improved feeding from the comfort and safety of your home.
Keep In Touch
I welcome you to sign-up for my feeding blog where you will learn feeding tips and tricks of the trade! I will share tried and tested strategies to help with your child’s feeding issues. Topics will include favourite equipment/products, chewing tips, how to reduce gagging, toothbrushing, family meals, feeding your preemie, cup drinking, picky eating, and much more.
Sharing tips, research, and advice on feeding.